The Grant Writer is primarily responsible for writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will communicate The Bikery’s mission and programs to potential funders. The Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
- Writing grant proposals to grant-making organizations
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters and proposals
- Establishing and maintaining contact with grant-making organizations
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of proposal deadlines and reports
Works under direction from:
- Fundraising Team (Mandi/Rez)
Works closely with:
- Finance Team
- Outreach Team
The successful candidate will be able to write grant proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and communication skills are essential. Candidates should be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases to locate grant application information. Prior grant-writing experience is helpful!
Expected time commitment: Around 4 hours per month